From the foggy redwoods of Crescent City to the desert border of El Centro, and lots of cities big and small in between, we have provided countless trainings for local coalitions working on policy change.
No matter what policy goal you are working on, and no matter how far away you are, we can help.
Strategic trainings are one of the free services offered by the Center to you, your coalition, or your grantees. Your job is just to bring together a group of 10 community advocates. We have worked with coalitions on issues such as smokefree housing, tobacco retailer licensing, smokefree events, healthy eating and acting living, providing them with skills and strategies to approach these campaigns.
We are a resource to either help you determine and plan your own strategic direction or to be a training opportunity on key skills for your coalition members or subcontractors.
Some of our training topics include but are not limited to:
- How to build a better and more effective coalition.
- How to properly complete a Midwest Strategy Chart.
- How to do storytelling and story capturing.
- How to use social media and press communications to amplify your campaign.
- How to create allies in City Councils and Commissions.
- How to become experts on tobacco policies on the local and state level.
For all Proposition 99 projects, we provide our trainings for free. Click here to contact us!