Policy Documents Updated: Smokefree Outdoor Air
The following six outdoor air policy resources have been updated:
• Comprehensive Outdoor Secondhand Smoke Ordinances – Ninety-seven cities and counties in California have now passed comprehensive outdoor secondhand smoke ordinances.
• Table of Comprehensive Outdoor Secondhand Smoke Ordinances – Provides a table-only document outlining all communities with comprehensive outdoor secondhand smoke ordinances.
• List of Municipalities That Restrict Smoking in Entryways – There are 119 ordinances prohibiting smoking within 20 or more feet of all entryways. An additional 25 ordinances prohibit smoking within 19 or less feet of entryways, or prohibit smoking near only certain entryways.
• List of Municipalities That Restrict Smoking in Outdoor Dining Areas – There are 97 municipalities that restrict smoking in all outdoor dining areas and an additional 49 municipalities that have policies with exemptions for certain types of outdoor dining areas.
• List of Municipalities That Restrict Smoking in Public Events – Eighty-eight municipalities restrict all smoking at public events.
• List of Municipalities That Restrict Smoking in Service Areas – One hundred and fourteen municipalities restrict smoking in all service areas. An additional twenty-eight municipalities restrict smoking in some service areas.